Apr 26, 2016

Me and History

As we breathe our breaths each day we always dedicate it for the compensation of yesterday and for the betterment of tomorrow. Resulting to the making of the present a mere intermediary to what has been and what is to be. With this mindset, we come to conceive of time of having the past, the present and the future. With mechanical time to govern our everyday lives- to set what is past, what is present and what is future. But, the problem is that we no longer live the present but instead engross ourselves to what is the future.

Our existence is not that of early video recorders wherein in it is composed of different slides to project. What has been projected is the past, what is being projected is the present and what is to be projected is the future. I come to points of my life wherein I look at myself in the present not focusing on it but focusing on what I have been and what I am to be. Neglecting altogether my present and never living it.

Imagine a potter. He has clay in hand and facing his spinning wheel. The clay is so simple and irrelevant coming from the roads we tread, from the gardens we toil and from other uninteresting locations. But there the potter is, never stopping of dreaming of forming something beautiful and precious from this irrelevant clay. He put the clay on his spinning wheel and began to spin it. With his bare hands he began to form the simple clay into something different. With the simple spinning and with the graces of the potter’s hands comes out from earth’s clay something unique- a jar.

I spent the last 3 years of my elementary education in a rural school in Laconon, T’boli because of my parent’s teaching work. My classmates were natives of the T’boli tribe with only few of us from the lowlands. My earlier elementary schooling was spent at Notre Dame of Norala, Inc. After graduating from that school I proceeded my high school at Koronadal National Comprehensive High School. At first my parents are not confident of my status taken that I am only a graduate of a rural school. So, they comforted me that I should not hope too much of getting into the honors of that school. They are not even hoping that I get into a higher section. But then I realized that its not about which school you were really from but it’s about how much you value education and how much you value learning.

If the potter did stop dreaming and instead of thinking of forming something unique from that clay but focused on the irrelevance and ugliness of the clay he will find himself not forming something appreciative but instead stuck in his folly with nothing to accomplish.

Life is like that, at certain times we take time blaming and blaming the cause, things that have been done and cannot be undone, for the mistakes of the present that we neglect the things that we can do to better the things of the present. We take more time blaming who is responsible that we realize that we have spent all the time with nothing more to do because the time that we can spend in making things right we have already used in blaming who’s who.

Life will not always be perfect. We come to crossroads wherein the choices to choose is never positive. All four corners of the road are in flaws. But, the thing is that we are gifted with creativity for us to use. Besides, because of this creativity of man do all priceless possessions on earth arose. To name a few does from the sands of Egypt arose the pyramids and the Great Sphinx of Giza, from the clays of Yuang tze, the great yellow river of China, does came the great Chinese porcelains and from the great Alps of Italy came the raw marbles that became sculptures donning the great halls of Italy and the Vatican.

We can never choose which part of history does destiny wants us to place. We can never choose who we are and what we are on the day we were born. The thing is that, wherever and whichever part of history we are in we can always change the world. Remember that He who is the prince of the world was born in a simple manger but his love became the epitome of love for mankind- He has changed the World. Why don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment